Forum: Animation

Subject: Animators wanted for DragonCon video project

bobhobz opened this issue on May 13, 2002 ยท 6 posts

bobhobz posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 6:55 PM

Good point, Wolf359...

And to answer your question, there's nothing from stopping you from doing your own animation and promoting yourself at DragonCon, Hollywood or anywhere else for that matter.

If you're a professional animator with lots of connections and promotional and marketing skills then you certainly don't need this little project at all.

I'm looking mostly for those who might be just starting out and could use the exposure but perhaps don't quite know where to go with it.

I have a few connections for example:

Dan Myrick (co-creator of the Blair Witch Project)
Marvin Gleicher (President of Manga Entertainment)
Kelly Kole (The Sopranos, Playboy, very big on the internet as a model...several of my paintings are of her so she'd certainly promote the animation that has her pictures in it)
Lilith Stabs (actress, model, web diva, lots of connections in the horror film business)
Alexandra Wolfe (President of The Wolfe Agency, Canada...big on scifi properties...many Hollywood connections)
etc.

I have ways of getting the CD in the hands of people who might make the trip a bit shorter for some of you. As for usage rights, I really only need it for the DragonCon convention. If no one responds to this project, then I'll abandon it and just do a painting demo or something.

I just had this cool idea, but don't have the animation skills to pull it off. It's like when I was in college. I entered a t-shirt design contest that was only open to art students at the college. There was no prize money, but getting my shirt printed by the biggest t-shirt company in Hawaii looked really good in a portfolio and opened a few doors. They got a shirt and I got the publicity.

If you have your own marketing program then by all means, go do that thing, get your stuff out there and I wish you success.