Forum: Community Center

Subject: Renderosity supports crimes against women?

Dark_Raven opened this issue on May 20, 2002 ยท 89 posts

Kendra posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 12:13 AM

No one is blocking the link. Tripod is a lousy host. You can't click a link that is linked to an image. You have to copy/paste the url into your address bar and you'll be able to see it.
So put away your cloak and daggers on that line of thought.

As for art and images being used to convey emotion, its perfectly understandable. I think the problem with this particular image is it doesn't convey enough. All I see is a violent image. I don't see what brought your characters to this scene. I understand it being pulled.

Turn it around and imagine a scene where a man who's been jailed on a false accusation takes his revenge. It's a vicious cycle no matter which direction you look. There are men who have a right to this feeling as well. To accuse Renderosity of supporting crimes against women is unfair.

And before anyone jumps at me, I've rendered images that convey my emotions of abuse I've had to deal with. Maybe I'll post them one day, but right now, I just go as far as rendering them. And if they're determined to be unfitting I'd certainly understand.

"Hmmm why is such a double standard you will all go out and watch movies, tv shows read stories about crimes against movies its all good but the minute us girls make a stand about it you want to shut us up Power to us women i say all women rise up in your beds tonight and cut your mans penis off"

There are no men here trying to shut anyone up. Do you honestly see this attitude as helping women? Got news for you, this type of attitude makes things worse.

...... Kendra