Forum: Fractals

Subject: ?-Viewers' Responses = Your Own?-?

Rosemaryr opened this issue on May 21, 2002 ยท 19 posts

Cdeery posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 3:02 PM

Whenever I create an image, or look at the works of others, I tend to judge them based on several criteria. Here are some of them... I consider overall composition...does the image work well as a whole?...are areas within the composition competing with one another or are they in balance?...do I want to keep looking at the image? I also look for form within the image...is the form interesting?...Is it thought-provoking? I consider contrast...do light areas, dark areas, and greys work well together? Is there drama in the use of light and dark? I consider how color is used...do the colors work well together? Do the colors seem appropriate to the mood of the image? I hope that a work will evoke some sort of feeling, memory, or response. I also look for uniqueness...Is there something different about a particular image that makes it stand out among others? I also consider the amount difficulty involved in creating the art, however I do not rate this as highly as any other criteria, or else many simple yet beautiful and uniques works would be discounted. I also look for personal artistic style when looking at the works of others. I appreciate the works more of an artist who has developed a style which is uniquely his or her own.