Forum: Photography

Subject: 'scuse the term, but Trailer Trash

JordyArt opened this issue on May 26, 2002 ยท 28 posts

eartho posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 4:21 AM

whoops! yes in some way i was being serious, but mostly i was attempting to stereotype the sterotype. Tho joking for the most part, there was of course truth hidden within. But yes Jordy, for the most part, trailer parks are NOT overflowing with hillbillies and other lower forms of life on the much stereotyped evolutionary ladder. White trash is everywhere. Nearly all of us here in America can be considered ignorant, petty and greedy. But, we all know that. Some are just a bit more colourful than others. (yes, i know i'm a mean man)

And just for the sake of understanding, in case anyone is actually reading this, i would like to clarify that the people i photograph are in no way perceived by me as being less than i am. I'm not capturing their moments in an attempt to ridicule or somehow degrade. When i look through my lens i see only beauty. I know that in the end we all are equal. These photos are meant for people to enjoy, and for me as an attempt to understand or at least to document that which fascinates me nearly as much as do the heavens. Something like that anyway... OK? bedtime..