Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The GRC is now AniMotions and open!!

Jack D. Kammerer opened this issue on May 30, 2002 ยท 89 posts

Jack D. Kammerer posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 11:40 AM

Ron: Following in your footsteps, I decided to take just a small portion of the BIG PICTURE and decided to blow it out of proportion as you have done. Such as, you wrote: "I'm still working with issues of my own..." Now, if I was to "look behind some phrases and see what I feel to be the "essence." as you say, I can't help but wonder if your posts and comments are nothing but a sad attempt to try and harm our wonderful adventure and distract others from experiencing that adventure as well. I will try to say this in terms and as childish as possible so that you may be able to understand the TRUE concept of AniMotions.... ========================================================= Ron's Question: "Also I see a mistaken desire to "peg" your pursuits into areas that many of us may not pursue" Jack's Answer: Who says that a desire to break away from having yet another "Learn How to Use Poser Here" web site is a "Mistaken" Desire? Everything I ever need to know about Poser and the internals of it can be found here at RENDEROSITY or if not, over at POSERPROS.COM... why should I bother to waste my time and try and run a web site that does exactly what this place or Poser Pros does...? We desired to take the road less Traveled and rather than, and let me repeat what Diane stated here, rather than focusing on the PROGRAMS, we wanted to focus on some of the areas that those PROGRAMS are used for. You have Renderosity, Poser Pros, 3D Commune and RuntimeDNA to help you learn about the programs and NOW you have a website that allows you to share what you have learned about those programs in the fields of Comics, Video Games and Anime. ========================================================= Ron Asked: "I've visited the site, and notice Poser seems to be nearly non-existant outside of the "store." I find that pretty disappointing. Why sell Poser stuff if you won't deal with it otherwise? Look at the free stuff section.. No Poser there. Now that's funny, since the 3D Comic Collective is all about Poser versions of Super Heroes." Jack's Answer: I think the most logical conclusion one is able to draw with very little thought would be this... AniMotions is NOT about POSER (which I believe has been echoed many of times now)! AniMotions is about COMICS, ANIME and VIDEO GAMES and the sharing of 3D or 2D work in those fields NO MATTER what PROGRAM you use. Be it 3D Studio Max, Carrara 2 or Poser. Because of that, the whole website is broken up into 3 sections... ANIME, COMICS and VIDEO GAMES. Again, AniMotions.com is NOT a POSER site, it is a site that allows people who get into VIDEO GAMES, ANIME and COMIC BOOKS to get together and share their work and products with each other, if those products are made using POSER, cool... then share them!! Yes, our Online Store carries allot of POSER products, but it will also be carrying allot of other products in the near future. Even though we are NOT a POSER site, we reconize that the USE of POSER can be applied to the AREAS that we cater to (ANIME, COMICS, VIDEO GAMES) and we make available and distribute that product to our members. YES, we love POSER ourselves!! I am STEVE COOPER'S love child (heh heh heh sorry Steve and Karen!! ^^)!! Our goal is to EXPAND the USE OF POSER by introducing it to a COMMUNITY of individuals who may NEVER HAVE CONSIDERED using POSER to accomplish their goals or create their fan art regarding ANIME, COMICS and VIDEO GAMES. The result being, instead of further diluting the Community of Poser by creating, yet ONE MORE POSER web site, we are attempting to INCREASE the POSER Community by attracting potential NEW USERS of POSER who when they need help in LEARNING POSER can be DIRECTED TO VISIT RENDEROSITY, POSERPROS, PFO, 3D COMMUNE or RUNTIME DNA... In short, Ron... think about this, you will have the ability to create some tutorials on how POSER can be used in the fields of ANIME, COMICS and VIDEO GAMES. Your skill and knowledge in Poser can be shared with people who may never have heard about POSER or realized it's potential use in those fields. Rather than just sharing those tutorials with people who already know about POSER. Think about it for a minute, Ron, you have the ability to help influence a new group of people to increase Curious Lab's business... I hope you can NOW see, what many already have, the potential of breaking away from the major portion of the Poser Community (which already has excellent learning resources in the field of Poser) and focusing on specific areas where Poser could be utilized and increase the Community of Poser Users. Yes, in a way we are leaving the main POSER Community (because not everyone gets into ANIME, COMICS or VIDEO GAMES) to create a whole NEW Community of potential Poser users, which then can also be directed here or other similiar places. Instead of complaining and whining, think about the way that you could help those potential new users with the skill and knowledge that you have, that those people don't have. Jack