Forum: Vue

Subject: Boolean Difference and Duplications?

bloodsong opened this issue on Feb 07, 2000 ยท 27 posts

tesign posted Sun, 13 February 2000 at 8:02 PM

Hi Headhunter, "So it only crashed when you removed the object you subtracted from ?" Remove here means "move" the objects (both cylinder and cube) from "Difference" to the root. Moving one object (either Cube or Cylinder) is still okay. "Did you try deleting the cube itself in the cub-minus-cylinder difference?" Yes, and in any sequence, it still did not 'killed' Vue. May be you should note that I am doing this with primitive and its best that you test it out. I have also assign each of the primitive object a basic material. try this: import a 3DS object with child groups (a Poser figure works). Select a child with more than one material & try to split the object mesh (Poly' Mesh Options) If I do this WITHOUT moving the mesh I want to split, it puts a bullet in Vue every time. I have to move the mesh into the root of the layer, split it, then move it back. I discovered this while trying to split the wand on the Necromancer in my "Minions..." pic into separate materials. I am not sure if the Bass example I explain to B post is sufficient or not or proved a similiar senerio, but the Bass fish do have a lot of seperate parts. The really funny thing is that Vue has never crash on me except for one occassion that I was "anyohow" doing more then one object grouping and "anyohow" placing them in orders. I was at 256 meg then, but with another 128 neg just added recently, it seem alright. I can't confirmed that this may be a RAM problem. But with sufficient Swap file space on this, things should be all right too. Let me know what you think. Have you try with any other 3ds or may be a poser or zygote character? Bill