Forum: Fractals

Subject: Why Fractals then?

BlueRose opened this issue on Jun 03, 2002 ยท 22 posts

abmlober posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 6:56 AM

Fractals have the advantage that you can go and "explore" some image universes before you start your image. You can let you guide to a start, you don't have to work from scratch. You can play until the game changes to "serious". You can let yourself inspire by your fractal findings. That makes it easy to begin.
Therefore fractal art is very often the art of finishing something, not only of finding something. But IMHO it is not so often the art of beginning. And that might be a disadvantage in the eyes of other 2D art forms and styles. And if you forget to really finish your image (find the right location, the correct zoom, the adequate colours and textures) you have restricted yourself to the pure finding phase. And you have to decide by yourself if it was art what you did.
To sit and plan an image, start with a white sheet or an empty working window is much more difficult. But it is very satisfying. My white paper is a new geometric design that has to be coded first before I start to create one or two or three images from it. Therefore I see my newer UCLs (that aren't public anymore) as a part of the creative process, as a part of the image or art.

:rolleyes::sad:
Joy of Frax