Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: My slower system actually runs Poser faster...(shrug)

MaterialForge opened this issue on May 23, 2002 ยท 17 posts

RaVan posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 11:01 AM

Hey all, Ryan from DAZ Tech here. Here's the quote from the techtips, plus it's been updated with a workaround for those that don't want to upgrade. Good ol' Windoze. A problem does arise for those users with Win 98 or ME. The kernel that these programs use will not allocate the needed memory in one block for poser to render. This is especially a problem with large files like high resolution maps and or high resolution geometries. So even if you have 512mb of RAM, if you are running on either of these operating systems it is like running on 128mb of RAM as far as Poser is concerned. Besides upgrading your system to an NT kernel such as Win2K,or XP, we are still looking for reliable fixes. One solution that has worked for our customers is a memory utility called Cacheman by Outer Technologies which will allow you to configure your machine. You can download Cacheman here, they ask for a $10 registration fee on the honor system. Be nice, support independent developers! http://www.outertech.com/product.php?product=3&PHPSESSID=1a926c8fdb8ab6745b23d1db28f9777b I run ME at home on 256Megs, I've been playing around with Cacheman this weekend and it seems to help a lot. Anywhoo, drop me a line if you've got any more questions. tech@daz3d.com