Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Move over Aiko!! (New Product Announcement)

Summfox opened this issue on Jun 16, 2002 ยท 71 posts

Blackhearted posted Mon, 17 June 2002 at 1:11 PM

this has gone on long enough without my comment. the body on the left is my Ki morph, released to the marketplace last weekend. the body on the right is yayoi. they look REMARKABLY similar to me. considering that i just sent you ki last week, summfox, this is a little too much to be a coincidence. now i dont expect everyone to spot this - but im sure people who deal in morphing and character creation will spot it right away, like traveler. all i DO is morph characters and texture. its what i practically spend all my time in poser on. my old free character, angelyna - i can spot her in a render if shes been rescaled, stretched, given biggerbreasts, smaller thighs, etc. i can spot her from a thumbnail, from an eye, the side of a breast, her hips, whatever. when you spend weeks working on a character, and truly create something youre proud of, you recognise it easily. the breasts are the same. sure, theres been some cleavage added. but the line of the breasts is identical. the unique hips are the same, as is the abdomen, except for some minor scaling (using my technique in the MOR file that you admittedly examined). the line from scaling the thigh in such a radically opposite way from the hip is there on BOTH characters - a faint diagonal line running parallell to her hip. i left it there because its only visible in some very rare lighting instances and i couldnt avoid it. the thighs look like theyve had the muscular morph turned down and have been stretched out a little along the y axis in the 'changed' version, although theyre near identical in the original promo image. arms, shoulders are identical, except for some X scaling. calves have the full morph turned down a bit but again are the same shape. and keep in mind this is the 'revised' version, with further changes added from the original. so while admittedly a MOR pose file that i created and sent to a 'friend' was analyzed, and within a couple of days this new character was 'created', i have no legal or copyright grounds to stand on. technically someone could buy ki, repackage her body morph, and resell it and there would be nothing i could do. ethically? i send someone who, until yesterday, i considered a good friend one of my characters for free - and within a week a remarkably similar character, also advertised with my uncredited Ki textures, is released to the marketplace. ethically? it turns my stomach. ive been here for a long time, at renderosity. ive learned to thicken my skin against people who will try to attack me, who try to discredit me and damage my reputation. its inevitable, and i thought i was doing well at coping. i had never expected to have to defend from my friends. and this is the second such incident. the first i had forgiven you. we were both in a chatroom, and i mentioned to you that i was working on a set of high resolution eye textures for the millennium characters because i was disappointed at the lack of realism - even in real eyes textures. i was going to release them in .PSD format, on transparent layers, so that my customers could adapt them to ANY texture - realeyes, vicky, mike, dina, whatever. some personal issues came up and i got delayed, and imagine my dismay when i logged in to see your new product. your 'eye textures', which were pretty much just like i had described my idea. i didnt say anything to you at the time, i backed up my textures on a cd and didnt release them because this was your first marketplace product and i didnt want to hurt your sales. i didnt confront you, i just silently vowed never to tell ANYONE what i was working on again. and i didnt. this is just too much - and beyond coincidence. so what am i going to do? bitch to the rosity admins? no. post any more threads about it? no. rant in chat and the forums about originality of ideas? no. im going to be issuing an update for ki. it will be an anime body and face morph. anyone who has already purchased ki will receive a link to download the new anime body/face morph for ki, and future purchasers will have it included in the package at the same price. where ki is a petite, curvy little thing, the anime character will be a tall, long-legged waiflike character, while still retaining ki's basic proportions. ive spoken to summfox about this, and she thinks 'sorry' simply cuts it. this isnt about money, or competition. its about the fact that i created something which i was damned proud of - a unique body type for vicky, something totally different from many marketplace vicky morphs. to have a friend capitalize on my weeks of hard work in a few days, rob me of my originality, my creativity, really hits hard, harder than anything. im seriously thinking about finding another line of work where i dont have to put up with this.