Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Move over Aiko!! (New Product Announcement)

Summfox opened this issue on Jun 16, 2002 ยท 71 posts

Summfox posted Mon, 17 June 2002 at 4:10 PM

Oh yes. Time to pick on Summfox because Blackhearted is a saint. Please allow me to defend myself. I will start from the beginning: 1) I absolutely never recall Blackhearted talking about creating a pack of eye textures. If he said I was there, I must have been there, but I also must have been doing something else because I don't remember it a single bit. 2) What DID inspire me to make my eye texture set was Curio's beautiful set of textures for real eyes. At the time they were the only thing around, also too expensive in my honest opinion. And when I came across some good source material, I thought: Why not? I could use some extra cash. So I developed an eye texture set. Originally they were only going to be for RealEyes, but being brand new to the merchanting scene, I decided to make them as good a value as I could. So I included them in lots of forms. The only time I EVER mentioned the .psd format was whether or not to include the highlights that way, so people could add them if they wanted them. Nothing else. In the end, someone told me that they thought it was a bad idea, perhaps even Blackhearted. End of story. I never even realized that I had 'stolen' any idea from Blackhearted because I do not recall him ever saying anything about it. I do recall him saying he didn't even like the RealEyes. (and initially that was what I was doing the textures for). End of story. 3) Ki versus Yayoi. Blackhearted for some reason seems to think that I took Ki and stretched her out. That I didn't start from a blank Victoria. I don't know how many times I have to tell him, but I DID start from a completely blank Victoria. I would NEVER start from someone else's creation, especially when I'm calling people on copying other people's work? I wasn't even looking at Ki as I was developing Yayoi, I was looking at anime images. In fact, I can show you the pictures I was using. You'll see where I developed every single curve from. Just ask and I will post them. I'm also sorry if Blackhearted seems to think that doing a decent morphing job is HARD, because its not. I'm also sorry that some of the angles happen to be similiar. Its purely coincidental. When it comes down to it, I WILL stand by my originality, I WILL stand by my product. I will not allow Blackhearted to use his popularity to get me down. My product was created from a blank Victoria. My .pz2 files will also stand up against his as completely different. I will gladly send my .pz2 to any administrator who decides to compare the two. I have complete faith in it. The only thing of Blackhearted's that I used was I took at look at his MOR file to see how he accomplished the scaling, because Xena's MOR tutorial didn't cover that aspect! All I can say is that this has been a very unfortunate situation. Oh and Blackhearted - I thought you said on ICQ that creating an anime figure and face to compete with mine was BENEATH you? Guess not anymore.