Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Move over Aiko!! (New Product Announcement)

Summfox opened this issue on Jun 16, 2002 ยท 71 posts

Blackhearted posted Mon, 17 June 2002 at 7:08 PM

so this is a 'feeble attempt to generate sales', right myrrath? thats strange, because well before this entire thread ki was already one of the bestselling items at rosity. i dont need peoples 'sympathy' to purchase my items, they speak for themselves. thats why this is so disturbing - that someone is trying to capitalize on that. that it is a 'friend' makes it even worse. the image i posted above was actually rendered by summfox, not by myself. it was rendered AFTER her alterations - the 'original' yayoi posted earlier in this thread looked even MORE like ki - summfox has since lengthened the legs and added larger breasts. strange how if you leave people to their own devices, theyll do just fine at damning themselves without you having to help them along at all - i couldnt have rendered a better comparison pic myself. anyone whos done any morphing of characters can spot that they were adapted from the same character, with some minor changes. she went through a lot to get this morph right? thats strange.. because it took me a month to put together the Ki package, and she hacked hers together in under two days - including all the promotional images above... mere days after she received my Ki package. im showing off my own product? strange, i see not one render of my product or a link to it in this entire thread - other than the one you posted. i dont need to promote ki - she promotes herself. i could point out that summfox is promoting her product, which is based on ki, with my ki textures. she only credited them after i pointed out that it was obviously based on ki and she didnt even give me credit for my texture. ironic, isnt it? btw myrrath, your typing style and sentence structure look remarkably similar to that of summfox, and that message you just posted above is pretty much, word for word (including the little mannerisms) what she sent me over ICQ when i mentioned this to her. interesting indeed. i offerred a resolution to this entire situation. summfox offered me a cut of the profits, and credit in the product promotions, but thats not what im interested in. i offered to forget the entire incident, to devote my time to helping her create something totally new. i offered to do it for free, without credit. anything, a new body, a hair model, a male character, whatever. just so long as it wasnt a direct dirivative of one of my own products. it took a lot to swallow my pride and outrage, be willing to forgive again, and help resolve a situation and perhaps keep a friend. the comparison image above is the 'changed' character after this conversation. i pointed out that it was still near identical to ki, and was called a jerk and a psycho. fine. so be it. i was a fool to have been so reasonable, any other merchant would be screaming outrage in every single forum at renderosity, and mailing the store staff to have the product removed. "Oh and Blackhearted - I thought you said on ICQ that creating an anime figure and face to compete with mine was BENEATH you? Guess not anymore." yes, it was. but im learning fast, summ. im learning from the best. and in the end, ill know mine is original. and so will everyone else.