Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Move over Aiko!! (New Product Announcement)

Summfox opened this issue on Jun 16, 2002 ยท 71 posts

Entropic posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 12:13 AM

I'd like to say, as a preface to anything, that for quite some times I've been friends with both Summfox and Gabriel. Close friends. I'm not going to get in the middle of this tangle, because quite frankly, I don't want to deal with the fallout from it. I will state a few things, objectively, for the record, and, as my friends, I hope neither of you take personal offense to this: 1. Summfox: You were in a chat session with Gabriel about the eye textures. In fact, I have it in a log on a backup disk, because it was at my site. If you like, I can take some time and dig up the exact logs and the date, but, really, I don't think that's the issue. People forget chats easily. At the time, you were even discussing an elf hair product, and the other site members were giving you advice on the model ( Myself, Gabriel, Valandar, ivyroses, and Kiera ). My sites have always been considered a place for people to freely discuss ideas without any fear of those ideas being stolen. I pride myself on that. If Gabriel had alerted to me to your product in late March, I probably would have banned you quick fast. He did not. The issue is now too long past for me to consider. I just wanted to set the record straight. 2. Gabriel: I think this matter should not be public. This dispute would not be at the point it is now were it handled directly through Renderosity administration. I know that it was not your intention to seek retribution against Summfox, but that's effectively the end result of your current course of action. Please quit before this gets even more bloody. You and I have both discussed the legal ramifications of MOR files insofar as copyright is concerned. The only proper recourse is to present your case to Rosity staff and let them either pull the product or leave it. If the product is pulled, then summfox's credibility is gone. This is the only effective change that could occur here. This thread will only serve to generate animosity towards all parties involved. Please stop. 3. Summfox: Yes, I am your friend. I am also Gabriel's friend. By pointing this thread out to me, you have compelled me to adress the issue. Please don't take personal umbrage at this, but I'm very disappointed at what I've been presented. As your friend, I ask you to please reconsider your current position with Gabriel, and to reopen communication in the hope of resolving this dispute away from public. Whatever the two of you decide from here, keep me the fuck out of it. As much as I'm your friend, I don't want to see anything else on this matter. I currently have my own fights to get back too... Paul