Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Move over Aiko!! (New Product Announcement)

Summfox opened this issue on Jun 16, 2002 ยท 71 posts

soulhuntre posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 3:50 AM

Sorry - I don't see it. I think there is a lot more going on here. I love Blackhearteds work, and I am happy owner of "Ki" (I am using the texture, in the end I didn't like the body so much). That being said - I don't really thinkt here is much of an issue. So there are similarities... I ammissing the point/ The number of useful and attractive body shapes in Victoria are limited - and for petite volutuous charaters even moreso. Hell, I have a character here that I did after I got Ki that is also being used for Anime work (the purpose I purchased Ki for in fact) and I started with a blank viictoria as well. I am now fairly sure that if I posted her here hat it would look similar as well. Did I have the images of Ki in my mind as I worked? Yup. I also had about 25 other photgraphic and anime references in my mind. Shall I now make sure I never make a petite pretty character because somehow it is a copyright violation? Hell no. That is way, way over the top. So you mean two different artists playing with the built in morph dials made characters with similarities? I am not shocked. I know that Blackhearted is very sensative about his work, and he should be, but I think it gives him a little bit of a hair trigger on this sort of accusation (no offense intended). Someone compare the files - and if theya re different enough then thats the end of it for me... because I know I don't recognize a copyright on the concept of "short, cute and built". It will be easy enough to spot anyway - Ki's scaling and settings are fairly bizzare (though pretty) and any derived file will show them. Even if someone looked at a image of Ki and twiddled the dials of Victoria till they got one that matched I would think that was OK - the concept of "reverse engineering" is fairly well accepted. You cannot copyright a set of settings for the Vicky model any more than you can copyright a set of camera settings. The FILE can be protected, but a "clean room" reverse engineering will be legal and I think morally acceptable in most cases.