Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce 6 anouncement - not very pleasant for some PC users

Pontigary opened this issue on Jun 19, 2002 ยท 55 posts

tjohn posted Fri, 21 June 2002 at 1:14 PM

This is not to belittle the genuine feelings of anger at betrayal by Corel, but I ain't rich and upgrading to XP seemed like a very affordable choice (I paid about $150 American for it). I had noticed that a lot of the new software coming out was focussed on running under XP, so I thought it was time. Haven't regretted it. How many of us are still using Windows3.1? We adapt or die, folks. I have been buying new machines every 3 years or so for similar reasons. PC's keep getting bigger, better, faster, and most importantly, CHEAPER. I paid about $3,000 for my first PC clone. I paid only $1,200 for my current HP, and moved up from 300 MHZ to 900 MHZ. Now I'm looking at the 1.7 and 1.8 GHZ machines for about $1,400. You can still get some pretty good cash for the old machines, so it becomes worth trading up, for me, anyway. I found out long ago, computing is the most fun I've can have with my clothes on...but it's also a Money Pit. Still, I wouldn't give it up for the world. :^)

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy