Forum: Fractals

Subject: Where do you post your fractals? 2D or Fractal gallery? And why?

abmlober opened this issue on Jun 21, 2002 ยท 21 posts

Rosemaryr posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 8:12 AM

I have deliberately posted all my fractal based work in the fractal gallery, even when they have involved major work in other programs. My UF/Poser/Photoshop pieces are there and not in the Multimedia gallery for several specific reasons.

1. I want fractal artists to see them and evaluate them. Yes there are artists who work with multiple programs, or with the specific individual programs involved, but my 'audience' is the fractal community.
  2. I try to post the original fractal piece with the final piece to demonstrate 'where I'm coming from' and 'where I went with the idea'. Art is a process, and an expression. By showing at least some of the process, perhaps the expression is better understood.
  3. I'm not in need of constant applause. My art is my own. If I desired the attention, I'm sure that by posting in the other galleries, I would get hundreds of viewings, and tons of comments, compared to the relatively few that result from posting in the fractal gallery. It's just not what I'm after. I just want to share that part of me that is my art, not garner praise.

Well, that's about all. I could rant on longer, but won't.

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."