Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ, please clarify - Essential

thip opened this issue on Jun 29, 2002 ยท 57 posts

scifiguy posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 5:32 PM

Glad to hear it Mehndi. Since my name is being bantered about here and there, complete with illustrations of my morphed body suit, let me be perfectly clear that I have never, and would never, distribute the M2/V2 cr2's. I distributed clothing cr2s that contained morphs that allowed the clothes to fit morphed figures and that is all I have ever done. I would appreciate it if people keep that in mind. I will also say this: 1. Just because I happen to have made an item directly named in Daz' announcement (I'm not the only one you know) doesn't mean I did something that anyone here thought could possibly be wrong. I morphed the body suit for Mike in good faith that it was not an issue to do so. 2. My Mike suit was released in April well before Daz ever had a body suit with even one Mike morph in it. At the time, there wasn't even a hint that one might be coming. No objection was made until now, and I had no way of knowing this would be a issue. 3. My suit does NOT contain every Mike2 morph (for that matter, none of my morph packs contain every morph). Daz' new suit contains ALL of the morphs. Therefore, if an argument is going to be made that a product circumvents the need for Mike2 mine is certainly not the best candidate to point fingers at. 4. My suit requires you to decode a pcf file with the original body suit as the key. Thus, my suit cannot be used if you do not own the Daz body suit. It has always been my understanding that such a requirement validated the item as legitimate. 5. I have never sold anything I have morphed. My motive has never been profit. The only items I have morphed that come with a commercial product instead of as a free add-on download is sold in Daz' own store. The only "benefit" I have ever gotten is a few thanks that I did it and the fact that people have to give me copies of their products (meaning third party stuff...I did buy the clothing packs you know) because I obviously couldn't morph them otherwise. I do the morphs because I think its nice to share--that is all. 6. As a customer, I very much want clothing that lets me take full advantage of the advanced figures available to me. My true hope is that Daz' response allows such product development to continue without clouds of "am I doing something wrong" hanging over good people's heads. 7. If the body suits are the only thing they absolutely don't want used--and I am feeling pretty certain their response will say that--that's fine. If I can't share them but can share other things I tailor without feeling like a criminal I'll regret that this is the case and be glad the matter was resolved without stifling the creativity of the whole community. I look forward to Daz' reply.