Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Clarification of Recent Confusion

chadly opened this issue on Jun 29, 2002 ยท 215 posts

Suede posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 7:48 PM

"When pygmies cast such long shadows, ...." laugh out loud - that is precious :) Chad - thanks for posting on the weekend. I am not really very happy that DAZ made an end of day friday announcement like that - and that you are thanking folks for pulling their stuff and saying maybe Monday folks will get official answers from DAZ [did you say that??] but hey - you have to like the face you shave in the morning, not me :) Over the years, my family here have bought MANY of your products, though luckily, we didn't get the Tailor, so I myself am not affected by the tailor aspect of the announcement. One of the reasons we do business with DAZ is because, it actually IS a community oriented company. I am hoping that folks will beeline toward a middle area where all parties can be happy and supportive of each other. Personally, I adhere to all copyrights, like most all of the folks I have met in the Poser community do - however, I do see a distinction between the EULA and marketing pressure. So.. I guess I'll adopt a 'wait and see' outlook for a while instead of 'gotta buy it now!' hehe. Lastly, grats to all parties involved with the PoserPro.com acquisition/merger! It's like watching a star on the rise. I may not have posted much - but have loved the Poser community as my partner frequents often, and now I am hooked :) It has an integrity that is rare on the internet, and it is good to see it going places :) - Suede