Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Clarification of Recent Confusion

chadly opened this issue on Jun 29, 2002 ยท 215 posts

Ironbear posted Sun, 30 June 2002 at 4:21 PM

"If they back off and make it only illegal to use tailor to approximate the geometry from a clothing item so that they can apply it to the figure then I will support that. " Sorry Katt. Your choice, but I won't. That's effectively claiming the shape of a human figure is owned by them wether it contains any of their geometry or actual morphs or not, and that to the best of my knowledge is not legal. At the very best, in regards to 3D modeling, it is legally ambiguous. If they limit it to distribution of only cr2's, morphs, geometry and items they DO own, yeah, I'll support that. Otherwise.. claiming that they own items and rights to those items that were modeled and morphed by someone else? No way. My work is fucking mine. Your work is yours. Their work is theirs. I'll go back to supporting Posette, Dork and origional figures like Natalia and Dina ONLY before I'll let anyone claim that something I make is theirs. As far as non clothing items... I can smart prop a sword or peice of armor to posette as easily as I can to Vicki. Or leave it unparented and the customer can prop it to the figure of their choice. And I'm going to bet real money that a lot of modelers will feel the same way I do.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"