Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ/PoserPros.com the Firestorm.... or no more R'osity??

Jack D. Kammerer opened this issue on Jun 30, 2002 ยท 94 posts

kbade posted Sun, 30 June 2002 at 10:48 PM

I generally agree w/JDK on this, but there are some interesting "supposes," I suppose. I do remember the near-acquisition of R'osity, and don't think the acquisition of PoserPros will change much of anything (though clearly prior threads have debated the initial marketing of that site as "anti-corporate" and its effect on the site's credibility). The relationship betwwen the PFO and DAZ doesn't seem to have ended the world as we know it. If DAZ were to try to further restrict creation of derivative figures: (1) it would probably have to do so with new figures, because we all have the licenses for the old ones; (2) it wouldn't be very long before new third-party figures popped up (in addition to Natrixa, Dina, Amy, etc.) and community effort was directed toward those figures instead. In fact, the folks at DAZ are not dumb, and have undoubtedly concluded that the creation of derivative figures is a major selling point for their works, making the type of doomsday scenario hypothesized here quite unlikely. Now, if you really want to get yourself into a twist, ask yourself: who is making the figures for P5, since we know from prior threads they will have new features (and new licenses)...