Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ/PoserPros.com the Firestorm.... or no more R'osity??

Jack D. Kammerer opened this issue on Jun 30, 2002 ยท 94 posts

Jack D. Kammerer posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 2:13 AM

Paul, all I can say is that was very well written, concise and to the point without being nasty. And you are right, you'd have every reason to think the way you did considering that there were some PoserPro/Renderosity members who posted behind me. Yes, you have the right to defend your investment, I wasn't trying to take that right away. I was only asking you to slow down some and express that defense in a manner that wouldn't cause others to skim over it, but actually read it... as I did with your last message. The only reason why I am above such fights right now is because I don't make them my fight. I used too, hell, I was the first one to pick up a banner and wave it around and tried to get people to rally behind me in some stupid cause... but the fact of that matter is, I have grown to old and tired to fight over something petty. The Community will only get "fucked" if the Community allows itself to get fucked. Banner waving, rallying up a lynch mob, screaming and cussing isn't going to solve this situation or problem, if indeed it is a problem. None of this can be certain until we have more information presented to the Community by DAZ. I was only trying to show the "errors of ways" because they are the same errors that I've made myself. I was, like you, trying to help. There is absolutely nothing wrong with defending something you love, but it makes your point easier to listen to if it is done calmly with rational... such as what you just displayed. Yes, you are looking for answers and your inflamed and irratated right now, allot of people are, but enacting on it violently is only going to hurt the Community you love so much in the long run. You are intellegent, you bring up some very good points and questions, but they are most likely going to be overlooked if they are pointed out or asked in the middle of a bunch of swearing, finger pointing and name calling. Everyone deserves the right to have their voices heard. All I was asking was if people would relax a bit so it would be. Jack -who doesn't feel special... only trying to help.