Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A Thank You to DAZ

Dave-So opened this issue on Jul 04, 2002 ยท 13 posts

Dave-So posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 8:59 AM

There are problems with all servers and all businesses, online or sidewalk. I've been fortunate and have not had a problem downloading. Yes, the server is sometimes slow, sometimes down, and this is frustrating, but its no different anywhere else. I had saved all my models on CD...When reinstalling a month ago, some of the items on 1 CD could not be accessed...DAZ gave me a link, within minutes, to download the items... There are very few making models for Poser...there are very few offering the quality and quantity of free stuff that DAZ does. I sometimes get a bit peeved at the fact we get a free item, then have to buy items to make it complete...its their business model...all items..Michael, Vic, Stephanie...on and on..the animals, etc.... But it's really no different than buying items here on Renderosity to enhance a model. I haven't read the threads on the DAZ controversies lately...other than a few tidbits...so can't comment on that....its not why I'm thanking DAZ... I just think DAZ is a very customer oriented business. Perhaps they are forced to be customer focused given the limited base they have to work with, but my dealings with them have always been a pleasure. They have done things for me that they didn't have to, and in several instances, surprised me by the extent they were willing to help me out. I deal with numerous companies both professionally and personally, and DAZ is one of the easiest businesses I have ever dealt with..period. I just think they should be congratulated for that. In todays business climate, you have to stand above your competitors somehow, and DAZ really has no corporate competition, at least on the Poser level, but still rises above most in their level of customer service.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854