Forum: Vue

Subject: Still An Existing Problem With Vue Since Day One . . .

kruzr opened this issue on Jul 05, 2002 ยท 13 posts

kruzr posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 11:25 AM

Good Morning . . . 8^) Sorry it took me so long to respond to your suggestions, I was very busy yesterday & didn't really have enough time to create the image that I wanted to, so I could illustrate what was going on. Anyway, in this included image you can see that I did get different results in attempting to use a grey scale .bmp, to achieve an elevated sculpture with a terrain. I couldn't duplicate the same effect as in the image I posted yesterday, but I still did get different results. Both of the terrain objects were created exactly in the same manner, with all the same settings for both. You can see the differences by examining the image. Also, I've included in the image, the settings for, "Terrain Altitude Settings" / "Add Function To Terrain" / "Fractal Terrain Options". I never alter these settings from the default, but yet I get different results in applying a grey scale bitmap to a terrain. Maybe it has something to do with the heat, humidity, or if it's early or late in the day??? :^O As Guitta has stated in her earlier post, e-on is aware of this, so hopefully it will be corrected soon. I do thank you guys for your responses & suggestions though, so you didn't waste any of your time. Thanks again Tradivoro & you all have a good one . . . Mark. ;^) PS: ( It may have something to do with my operating system = PIII 500 / 512 mgs ram / Windows98 SE / DirectX 8.1 / TNT2 Ultra with 32 mgs video ram / Vue 4.06 = full upgrade. )