Forum: Bryce

Subject: Global Illumination Techniques! How can we get better lighting out of Bryce?

Vile opened this issue on Jul 06, 2002 ยท 78 posts

AgentSmith posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 11:36 PM

Attached Link: http://www.debevec.org/

JEEZ! Finally, I found it! They changed sites. Okay, this subject is more vast than I can describe here. The link goes to Paul Debevec's website. He is the Executive Producer of Graphics Research at USC ICT Graphics Lab. He is the king on this subject. He made a movie called "Fiat Lux" (the above pic), which uses this principal, which by the way is usually called reflection mapping or light probes, or a dozen other things. High-end programs do it differently than it has to be done in Bryce, but the end results are basically the same, and they are amazing. To find the big version of that pic up there look under the heading of "Online Resources" - "Light Probe Image Gallery" Also look under "Films" - "Fiat Lux". If you can...VIEW THIS MOVIE! It is 3D, uses light probes, and will make your draw drop. That's an excerpt of the movie above. Copyright Paul E. Debevec. I'll look for links on how to make your own "light probes". They call them light probes, because they actually light the scene with the picture alone, it's a high-end thing. Lotsa reading there, good luck. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"