Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Interpretation of W coordinate in Daz's M2 & V2 UV's?

kuroyume0161 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2002 ยท 28 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Sun, 07 July 2002 at 2:31 PM

Okay, but let's say that someone loads the entire M2 geometry (which has only one set of vt's but is treated as two separate texture 'spaces' as it were) into my app and wants to create textures from a full-person photo. How do I determine A) that more than one texture map is needed to be output (as compared to a standard P4 figure or whatever other fiendish geometries are loaded) and B) which vt's represent which texture map of a plurality. Now, if both the head and body are mapped into a single space, but separated into two files, then there would need to be an ~offset~ to correct for this since each file usually represents a 0.0->1.0 U and 0.0->1.0 V plane. Correct? So, my texture output file may end up being a single image containing the head and body (as if you took the separate head/body texture images and adjoined them into a new image file)? UV coordinates and texture space make sense to me, but you're going to have to explain to me how this is applied over multiple texture files with a single texture space defined. If you think that you can show this graphically, that might help greatly. Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone