Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: California Dreaming

kupa opened this issue on Jul 02, 2002 ยท 391 posts

Leyla posted Mon, 08 July 2002 at 8:05 AM

hi kupa (and all others;)
in max you can change a value of any kind by typing in the number and hitting enter, if you need to change that number, you just type that number and hit enter again.
in poser you need to click on that number everytime you want to change it (too slow, i hope you change that, tough the interface looks nearly the same)
i hope you can correct the problems with magnets which duplicate after save/load too.
and duplicate morph settings...
a lot of the time i spend while animating in poser i spend on correcting the animation curves (i change something at frame 30 and the whole animatition changes (between keyframes) too slow...
the 3dmax 4 plugins are instable (what about an animation exporter to max or other software)?
what about opengl support for the viewport?
what about a grouping and selection tool?
any kind of modeller? (with subdivisions, or nurbs)
network rendering?
something like the "footstep mode" in charakter studio?
how easy is it to bone (or create) a new charakter? (ready modelled)
only one "undo" step... (doesnt work all the time e.g. if you delete anything)
no autosave...
no material/map editor/browser...
no volume lights
no lens fx
no raytracing
no external (global illumination) renderers
no "serious" renderer at all (though your pictures from p5 look pretty good), it would be interresting how long the pictures took to render on what kind of machiene... important if you do animations

just a few reasons why max, maya or other software is so expensive...

though i am working with poser 4 a lot of time (and love it most of the time), i get realy agressive sometimes ;-)
for me poser 4 is the best "computer game" available, but if you try to work and earn money with it (i spend every day with poser), you get into trouble sometimes...
dontget me wrong! i am realy excited about what you announced, but i dont think it is going to replace 3d max or anything like it. (if i am wrong i would be realy happy :-)

max is so far away from poser ( in capabilities and pricing )

(yes i love poser 4 ;-)

sorry if my english is bad or sound rude ;-)
i am from germany

greetings

leyla