Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Interpretation of W coordinate in Daz's M2 & V2 UV's?

kuroyume0161 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2002 ยท 28 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Mon, 08 July 2002 at 8:54 PM

Sorry that I started a war :), but I took the liberty of loading Vicky baby into UVMapper and NOW it makes sense to me. This makes it even more tricky, since the UV's for the head and body overlap in UV space without delineation, it will be extremely difficult to know to create separate images. Instead, my app, as it would basically work, would create a mish-mosh map (that's a new type of texture map) with the face and body overlapping in a single image. Not a good thing. So, the trick works going onto the 3D object, ala Poser, but it wreaks havoc going the other way (obviously no problem when just using the texture template image). Ajax, your tentative solution of checking material groups for overlap crossed my mind, but I agree that it is not a bullet-proof solution. The other possible solutions will be checked out. Never saw regions in .obj files. There are lots of fields not used by Poser and I haven't seen any of them in any of the third-party objects (curves, patches, surfaces, etc). Those that are there are v, vt, vn, f, g, s, usemtl. None of these will get me that crucial information. This may need some indepth discussion with Daz to find a simple resolution. Thanks all of you for being patient and trying to explain how Daz's divided texture maps actually work. Sorry that it took so long to think about loading the geometry into UVMapper and see it for myself. Where's Poser5 to the rescue? ;) Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone