Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Interpretation of W coordinate in Daz's M2 & V2 UV's?

kuroyume0161 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2002 ยท 28 posts

darkphoenix posted Mon, 08 July 2002 at 10:09 PM

the simple solution to your problem would be to remap vicky so that none of her materials are overlapping. Since the millenium figures current mapping is not too bad and remapping them without spreading the mesh faces would be a pain, I recommend simply leaving the current mapping coordinates, but moving them around in the uv space and scaling the materials so that they dont overalp. this would make the m2 texture template very similar to an original p4 template. It would also allow you to use a single texture map instead of two or more when you were texturing the figure. After remapping and rescaling the figure, save the new texture coordinates and design your app so that it applies the saved coordinates to the mesh instead of using the current ones. This will overwrite the current coordinates saved into the mesh with the new ones. It will only work if the mesh your user is using is the same mesh as the one you made the coordinates from (morphs can be applied, it just has to have the same number of vertices and faces.) You can assign regions to uv coordinates, however this is not necessary to determine what material goes on which map, as the templates just tell you where the coordinates are and the user is the one that assignes the maps. These regions may be usefull to other 3d painting programs when you are determining layers and creating generated maps from the program, but are not recognized by poser whatsoever as far as I can tell. However , you might be able to use this to your advantage for your app, though I dont know jack about programming so I couldnt tell you. For that, someone who works for right hemisphere might be able to tell you, but Im clueless.