Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Interpretation of W coordinate in Daz's M2 & V2 UV's?

kuroyume0161 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2002 ยท 28 posts

darkphoenix posted Mon, 08 July 2002 at 10:42 PM

Personally, I think the way most poser maps are set up is pretty shoddy myself, but then you realize most poser users dont know anything at all about uv and that also for community purposes textures are supposed to be simple to share and distribute and that most poser users just want to apply a texture, not worrying about how to set one up. This method also makes it easier to apply any poser made texture to any poser made figure without having to texture every one. The only real problem is when you try to make hi res or photorealistic textures for poser using the current mapping scheme. Thats why I always remap my figures whenever I bring them into another program. Also, I personally think the way materials are assigned in poser have a lot more to do with being able to change the color of the materials and with being able to mix and match different maps from different people a lot more than any actual functionality as far as the texturing goes. If you try to use the same methods in 3ds Max or Lightwave that Poser uses, your results are not usually as good as you would expect, which is what I believe Ajax was referring to when he was talking about the "Poser approach" Personally, I have to remap and create new textures for every poser figure I export just because the way poser does it simply is not as effective.