Forum: Carrara

Subject: GI w/Anything Grows

HARBINGER-3D opened this issue on Jul 09, 2002 ยท 10 posts

MarkBremmer posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 4:20 PM

I've had some crashes like that but each was caused by something different. The original one was a bug with timeline controls. A bezier tweener would crash the scene in C2 in the manner that you've described. (You won't want to hear this) The second crash like yours was a model I had built in C1 that for some reason didn't make the jump to C2 when I opened the file directly in C2. I took each object and copied it into the Object Browser and then reassembled the scene in C2. It worked fine after that Also, if have Anything Glows and your using the SMP (dual processor) function during render you might see a crash like this but not always. Disable SMP and see if that fixes it or update the AGlows module with one that Eric posted a couple of weeks ago at Digital Carvers Guild. Every now and then, the updated AGlows module will still crash the file but Eric is working on that fix. Otherwise, you definately have a new C2 issue! Go to the Eovia site and report the bug under the support section. They may request the file to find out what the problem is. They've been great at getting back to me on funky C2 problems like this and usually let me know what it is they found. Sorry I don't have a silver bullet...