Forum: Fractals

Subject: Are you "just" a fractal artist?

SeanPratz opened this issue on Jul 09, 2002 ยท 13 posts

queri posted Wed, 10 July 2002 at 3:25 PM

I like a a bit of Arista's vibes, too.:)[just don't make me use the playdough smilies, they scare me] After the last few days-- weeks?-- I suppose I have to consider myself an artist. I haven't been able to make something every other day at least for awhile and it's hurt me psychologically. I can't consider myself solely a fractal artist as I use a lot of mediums. Probably I write more than I do anything else. I've been an actor and a director as recently as a year ago, if you count Pagan work and I certainly do. I think my most original work is Fractal [you know of course, I don't care if it's Truly Fractal or not] and I enjoy the freedom of CG art more than any other kind, but I miss the restraints of traditional art-- where there ain't no undo. That's why I'll hang on to lousy choices in Fractals for longer than I should, trying to get that lemon into lemonade. I haven't babbled very often in this forum-- aren't ya glad-- so my general "Art philosophy" is probably not known. I think "making things" is art. I think it's a process, not a result. And I think I can't live without it. Deep down I think all life is poorer without it. Emily