Forum: Community Center

Subject: Harassment

Blooddoll opened this issue on Jul 13, 2002 ยท 203 posts

SnowSultan posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 9:31 AM

The reason I originally posted that backup CD pic was not to derail the thread, but because there was concern that Bobbie was selling a texture which possibly contained elements from Stefy's Asia and it had also not been stated that she was renting that web space to a third party at the time. Anyone would have doubts about a person who was accused of selling someone else's texture and who also sold 'backup' copies of Photoshop and Poser on the side. However, Bobbie said she was renting the space, and I will take her word for it. If WiNC could see and point out such similarities between Jillian and Asia from those pictures alone, then I believe there is a fairly good chance of an infringement being present. I'll admit that I do not quite know why Stefy would be angry about someone editing her texture for personal use only, but (at least from what I understand), Bobbie's texture in question was intended for sale. That is a completely different issue, and it's time for the copyright agents to get off their butts and look into it. Let's try to look at some more detailed comparisons before you all attack Stefy further. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.