Forum: Community Center

Subject: Harassment

Blooddoll opened this issue on Jul 13, 2002 ยท 203 posts

Entropic posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 2:52 PM

Lucky for me, I just bought a new Zippo. Didn't know I was going to need it so soon. Ok. Sounds to me like a few things are going on here, and we need to take them step by step and figure out the reasonable explanations. I've dealt with this very issue once before involving StefyZZ, have read her harassing e-mails and IMs, and seen the "proof" she presents to back up her claims. I'm not going to pretend any personal bias on either side, which is what I see happening here. It seems to me we have about 5 different issues: 1. Did Bobbie steal StefyZZ's texture? Personally I don't think so, but I'm not the expert. The MP testers are, and should, at the least, put this issue through the process and let us know their findings, WITHOUT CONCLUSIONS, since this is not a Rosity MP issue. 2. Is StefyZZ handling this matter responsibly? Absolutely not. The proper manner is to approach legal representation, and negotiate, not to lambaste people with harrassing messages and try to tear down their sites. 3. Is Renderosity providing any sort of involvement in this matter? I don't know. I wouldn't think so, just because every time I've dealt with them ( all of them. Every one. More personally than most people will ever know. ) the key idea is to be detached and professional. If an administrator or moderator violates that directive in the name of personal bias, they don't last long, because tammy and tim and audre are 100% about supporting artists and community as their #1 priority. 4. Is Bobbie hosting warez? I don't know. I can't check the site. If he/she is that does not necessarily mean that they should be banned from Renderosity. After all, Bebop hosted warez, and he's allowed back. If it happens on another site, it's not Rosity's problem. Cold, but true. If it spills over here, or if they post links to a site like that, it's a different matter. 5. We seem to be having a silly little clique war. Fuck cliques. I'm friends with Gabriel and Kiera, but if they have a problem, I'll still think about it objectively before getting involved. Same with my feelings toward Blooddoll. I'm also not gonna bash Stefania just because she's caused issues in the past. Let's all take the time to sit back, breathe deep, smoke a bowl, get laid, whatever it takes, to relax, and work our way from point a to b to c before making wild statements and accusations, shall we? This community's had enough problems lately without us creating more out of some infantile need to protect our pals. I'm not trying to directly insult or "school" anyone here. I'm just trying to keep this thread from going nuts with pitchforks and flamethrowers before I get off of vacation. I left my pitchfork at home. :( Paul P.S.: If this thing gets real freaked out, just remember, the power switch is on the front of the case.