Forum: Community Center

Subject: Harassment

Blooddoll opened this issue on Jul 13, 2002 ยท 203 posts

WiNC posted Mon, 15 July 2002 at 2:54 PM

Well hold on - firstly I was informed that Stefyzz was informed about Bobby's texture by a friend. Most people can see a simularity and anyone who has their eyes on Asia (and would so much like to have the texture) can see the simularities very clearly. So I'm not sure Stefyzz "trolls". And in a way she has the right to monitor the use of her work, doesn't Microsoft force you to give them a activation code - which monitors who is using their product. What about 3dMax, or many other programs out there that force you to contact them before you use their product. Then there are those who do so without even letting you know, CuteFTP, Dreamweaver MX, just to name a few. Now Stefyzz goes around and sees if she can see her texture being used, if she does and that person isn't on their list then she will quesiton. Now, I am starting to wonder from the information I have seen here just who was the first person to become "unprofessional". I do believe that we have all jumped on Bobby's side because StefyZZ is a big top selling merchant, and also because StefyZZ in the past has causes some issues. However, even a stopped clock can be right twice a day... Now again I'm not sure if Bobby's texture was original Asia and some other texutres - all I can say is that playing with the pictures that were supplied by BloodDoll - I can make a very damn close copy of Bobby's texture from Asia - and that isn't without changing the eyebrows and other stuff. So the problem is - I can't believe Bobby that she didn't copy the texture, because I know it can be done. Now something else that totally puts Bobby's side of the story into question is this fact that she was selling Warez (There is no such thing as selling, or supplying Backup CDs - it is Warez!). And I'm sorry - ANYONE who had that disclaimer on their site knew too damn well what warez means. Take it from me - I have been there, done that! (Though NEVER had the indesanty to sell another persons work, not software, art, nothing!) Anyone who sells software should not be trusted - mainly because they are making money off other people, they are willing to break the law in some of the highest regards and are also willing to hurt the community by doing so. It is that simple, and the way Bobby has "denied" invovlment in this simply doesn't sit well with me. I'm sorry but personally, this "Rented" out space on my site stuff just is too much bullshit for me. I have been on Internet since it was just a few BBS's connected to each other, I have heard all the excuses in the universe. For someone to rent out space and not check what is on that space is just not heard of (even big companies that rent out space, check those sites from time to time). To see sellable items for CL and Photoshop and not questions brings into question your own intelligence Bobby. And yeah I'm being blantly truthful here, but to me it is bullshit. You were caught out - and instead of saying "Shit, oh well my fault" you started this campaign of lies to protect yourself and your interest. Now because it wasn't on Renderosity it has nothing to do with Renderosity, but because you were (at least) an accumplus to the selling of illegal software (which was charged to your account) I believe it is YOU who owes the community an apology for your actions and for the way this whole thing has worked out! I personally owned StefyZZ an apology - Mainly because it appears that a lot of the information that was supplied to us made you out to be the agressure and the one causing the problems. My one conversation with you has been extremely professional, and your conduct on here has also been professionally handled. I do thank you also for bringing to the attention of the selling of more legal software on the internet, and that you took action to close that down. This will be the last thing I will be saying on this topic - mainly because all I can see now is a warez person who got herself caught, and in my eyes, that is perfect justice. WiNC