Forum: Community Center

Subject: Harassment

Blooddoll opened this issue on Jul 13, 2002 ยท 203 posts

Staby posted Mon, 15 July 2002 at 4:46 PM

Geez this was long to read! Sorry to see you trashed because you're trying to protect yor work Stefania. When after reading your post in the gallery I checked the link to Bobbie25 site and saw the textures sold there I was on the impression that it was another "mgarramone" case... The images were too short to sure, but after seeing bits of your new textures used in clones and the warez activities on that site my doubts were gone. All the persons that say that the warez activities on that site are unrelated to this subject should think that StefyZZ reaction was probably caused mainly by those illegal activities that reinforced her suspects. Maybe the reason that someone continues to bring up the issue of the warez is that they also feel insulted as I am by the lame explanations given for that. It took Snowsultan to post the screenshot, in which Bobbie was caught with the hands in the jar, to make her clean the site. I'm disconcerned to see how much people here think that pirating software is not a problem and are willing to protect a warez site and trashing an artist protecting her work instead. This kind of activities damages Stefy and all the artists/producers that create original content in the first place and then the honest costumers because those great product have to cost more to cover the investment of time and money. And to all that said that she had to handle the matter differently, well yes, but think about the money she had to invest to get the equipment to take those digital photographs she uses to create her textures, think about the money she spent to pay the models to take those photographs and think about the months she spent to painfully eliminate all the seams on the textures (I know, I saw the work in progress...)and you will understand why in these occasions (that involve warez activities) she rise some hell... Her products have been stolen and redistributed so much times in the past, even by big names in this community that have still a name only because she actually resolved those matters privately... I think I know were these persons that say that they are not going to purchase at your store are going to get your textures Stefy...