Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue d

Lynn opened this issue on Jul 15, 2002 ยท 23 posts

Ainle posted Mon, 15 July 2002 at 10:20 PM

I've had problems with the 4.1 update as well on my WinME system. Even installing was a hassle; I eventually had to move all my plants out of the Plants folder so the installer would stop complaining about them. Once 4.1 was in, I immediately noticed that rendering had an inordinate delay in starting up: perhaps 15 to 20 seconds would elapse before the render began, even with the preview settings. On 4.03, rendering would start almost immediately. This behavior was consistent across new scenes created in 4.1, and old scenes from 4.03. Even worse, Vue starting locking up every few minutes, a problem I've never had before. At that point, I tried to switch back to the previous version, but the advertised process of copying the files in the Back folder resulted in a program that wouldn't even start up. I finally had to "upgrade" to version 4.03 to get back to my tried and true version. The splash screen still says Vue 4.1, but I can live with that, now that everything's operational again. I'm disappointed that I've run into these problems; I was looking forward to some of the fixes in 4.1. I guess I'll have to hold off until 4.2 comes along....