Forum: Community Center

Subject: Harassment

Blooddoll opened this issue on Jul 13, 2002 ยท 203 posts

Orio posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 8:06 AM

Just my two cents: I have seen the comparison pictures, both normal and with difference filteer applied, and it appears to me that: 1. it is evident that the Asia texture has been used as an important base to build another commercial texture, with minor changes applied in order not to make a real variation (which would have been illegal anyway), but only in the hope to fool the casual viewer and trick him/her into believing that it was a different texture; 2. the web site the texture was distributed with, was with ALL EVIDENCE a warez web site, carrying ilegal copies of sotware such as Poser, Bryce, etc. Now it is possible that Stefy, in the effort of defending herself against this abuse (continuous abuse) she is the victim of, may have not done what was best to do in her situation; this because she is an artist and she is not used to (thanks God) deal with pirates and that sort of "nice" people. But I have a couiple of comments about this: 1. I find it disgusting that there seems to be quite a number of people ready to criminalize Stefy for her efforts to defend herself against piracy, while they don't show even a 10% of the same "sacred disdain" against the REAL criminals, i.e. the pirates who constantly steal her and other Poser artists of their hard work and professionality. In other words, many are ready and wanting to shoot on Stefy for the errors she might have done while defending herself, but at the same time are more than ready to close not one, but BOTH eyes on the thieves and pirates, passing their criminal actions under silence. They find plenty of words to condemn Stefy, but their vocabulary seems to get suddenly super-narrow when they have to find a single word to condemn the pirates. This is plainly grotesque. It sounds to me like those people who criticize the U.S.A. because they have attacked the Talebans, while forgiving the Talebans who protected and helped organize a terrorist attack that caused thousands of innocent victims. 2. I find it even more disgusting that some merchants jumped in on this thread to defame another fellow merchant. This is incredible. As it is incredible that they accuse Stefy of being unprofessional. Stefy might be unexperienced in the field, and she may not have done what more experienced merchant would have done, but her intent was perfecly legitimate: to protect herself from pirate frauds and attacks. Now, what about the professionality of those merchants who publicly attack her fellow merchant (and of course don't have a single word of reproaching against the pirates)? Have those merchants ever learned that NEVER should any professional publicly attack another professional of their own field? This is not only unprofessional, this is super-unprofessional, a total lack of style and fairness, and ultimately, also humanly miserable.