Forum: Vue

Subject: Confirm probs on MacOSX Vue 4.1

scotttucker3d opened this issue on Jul 16, 2002 ยท 25 posts

TheWingedOne posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 3:17 AM

Hi, I did some testing yesterday evening, but still no satifying results with the Poser Import on OSX... Here's what I did: Installed a Poser without any addons on my OSX partition. The installation with all models in it remained on my regular 3D purpose partition. Afterwards I opened Vue and tried to import the figure which was generated with the 3D partition version of Poser. Vue started to import, but after finishing the import the figure was invisible (!). Vue said there was a figure but you couldn't even see the box around the object. So I'm asking myself, what's going on? I'm using the German version of Poser4 (4.0.3), but I can't believe that might cause the problem. Another "funny thing" I found out was the fact that the newly installed version of Poser starts within the classic environment of OSX. But as soon as you ad any stuff -no matter if it would be characters, props or poses- Poser refuses to start. You have to reboot within the classic environment to get Poser back to work. Walther, if you read this: Could you provide us other desperate Mac users with further details how you managed the import. Are Vue and Poser within the same partition? Are they on the same partition like any of you system folders (OSX or Classic)? Do you save the figures you wnat to import on the same partition? Please excuse my curiousity, but at last I want to have the same features/possibilities like the PC users of Vue have. And you seem to be a really lucky guy since you got this thing working. ;o) Many thanks, Phil