Forum: Vue

Subject: Confirm probs on MacOSX Vue 4.1

scotttucker3d opened this issue on Jul 16, 2002 ยท 25 posts

scotttucker3d posted Fri, 19 July 2002 at 1:04 PM

Ok - I did the Poser4 install under Classic on my iBook and it worked. I was able to open the poser dork and all his textures showed up. I won't show you the lame render - it was just a test... LOL. But this is VERY LAME. My real poser pro4 install is over 700megs and it has a lot of custom stuff I created - I don't want to have to 're-install all of that' under Classic on my main render machine. That would require a re-install of Poser4, The pro pack, and 3 patches just to get the base application back. Then I need to bring all my custom stuff across. This re-install under Classic workaround is totally LAME and it not something I would expect of my loyal customers if I were you Eon. Please treat us better than that and fix this thing so it can find our currently installed Poser apps WHERE EVER they are. Poser is currently only a Classic app, but that also means OS9x - not just Classic. Right now I can run Poser from a firewire drive connected to my main box, why can't Vue find this copy of Poser ? You don't see PC users saying the app is not found - Vue magically finds Poser anywhere it resides (as it should). I agree with everyone here. If your goal was to get Mac users you have our attention and we see a lot of potential in this app. The skies alone are incredible. But please give us something we can work with without jumping through hoops. It is amazing to have a Poser file show up in a 3d app with all its textures intact - but please do it right. Your press realese says this feature is available now to Mac users. Most of the Mac users on this thread alone would heavily disagree with you. Please fix this and make it so. thanks, Scott