Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: You Guys are gonna hate me =S

SurReal opened this issue on Jul 21, 2002 ยท 13 posts

markdotcom posted Mon, 22 July 2002 at 2:06 AM

When I first started, I figured "Yikes, I gotta pose the clothing ON TOP of the person?!" Obviously, that would easily take forever, or drive a person insane. Which ever comes first. Even back when I had extremely little knowledge of the program, the possibilities blew my mind. At the time, I was actually trying to model people in my trusty Bryce 3D. You can imagine how huge a blessing it was to discover a program like Poser. Read up and practice. Here's some very basic things that will help improve your renders. - Play with the lighting! Both spot and infinite. - Play with the camera settings. It'll even give you some idea of how real-life lenses affect photographs and movies. - Get some textures and bump maps on those figures! - All the tutorials will mention this, but remember: Click and drag is your enemy! Use the dials when posing and moving figures. They are much more precise and won't "explode" the figure as easily as clicking and dragging will. I'm still having nightmares from seeing elbows and knees bend into freakishly unnatural positions... shivers 0_o'