Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Confused about Color Systems - seeks straight answer

merbliss opened this issue on Jul 22, 2002 ยท 5 posts

Slynky posted Mon, 22 July 2002 at 9:54 PM

if you're going to be doing everything from conception-design-print on your own computer, don't give a fudge what anyone else's monitor looks like for one. Setup your monitor and printer to work in conjunction with eachother so you can get as accurate colours printed out as possible. Personally, a combination of RGB and CMYK me thinks would be best. RGB for working is what I see to be a good choice, as certain options (ie: filters, etc) won't fucntion properly or at all under other modes such as CMYK. Oncethe image is completed, I say move to CMYK setup, which will alter your image a fair bit, but all you have to do is some colour adjusting. The really highquality printers use a Cyan Magenta Yellow Black(K) setup. That would be what I would do if I either had a really high quality printer, or was going to ship it out to be printed on a high quality printer. The colours tend be be more accurate (I believe RGB is an addative model, and CMYK is a subtractive... not sure). on the bright side, thanks to my mumbling an incoherence, either Retrocity or Alpha will come and clear up my nonsense. This has been dicussed before though, check the archives of the printing forum, it was one of the first (and only it would seem) discussions brought up there.