Forum: Bryce

Subject: Thinking of leaving Renderosity.

Vile opened this issue on Jul 26, 2002 ยท 54 posts

derjimi posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 7:39 AM

Hey Vile, mostly I agree with you. But I don't agree that you should leave. There are many talented Poser artist here. But as you say, there is some kind of people here too which think it is art to show a quick render of a nekkid girl with legs spread wide open. Not very tasteful and absolute not what should be found here. And yes - I agree that thumbs should NOT show breasts and genitalia. The label "nudity" is missing often. I think, the crew should act more like a moderation on this and delete works which doesn't follow the rules. And I think, that most of the compromising and simple works (take naked posette, quick render and distribute) is made by either very young members or some who think this is erotic art. But that's lightyears away from art for my personal understanding. I like erotic art very much, if it is decent and well-worked. Not only a naked chick where you can see all the details like you surf on somekind xxx-page. Renderosity should - like other communities do - do something that the people who post images follow simple rules. And the first is to mark a work with the label "nudity" on the thumbnail and NOT show any of it on the thumbnail. This would bring the poser gallery back something of style. But again - there are many talented artist which works are excellent. And I love that well-developed erotica. But there are some, which disturb the whole community. Leaving would be the wrong way. It would some kind be a acception of what's going on, and that's not what this place deserve. If the administration isn't aware yet, we should contact them and explain our point. And it would be a huge step if they only could manage thet the users use the "nude" tag in the proper way. The Poser gallery from 3dcommune is a great example that rules can work and a gallery can fit good or high standarts. I don't visit the Poser gallery here often, but when I do, I'm angry about absolutely the same points as you. If you leave, this would be a great loss for me personally. Your great works are inspiring me so much, and you are a fine guy. Let's work on it together with the Renderosity team, ok? Take care, Jimi