Forum: Bryce

Subject: Thinking of leaving Renderosity.

Vile opened this issue on Jul 26, 2002 ยท 54 posts

electroglyph posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 11:18 AM

Please hang in there. The cavalry is on the way! I also think there are too many people using nudes in the poser site. I think this is due to a number of factors. Most kids get poser and hormones get in the way of a serious effort. A dressed poser character with hyper extended pinkies and elbows floating 3inches above the ground looks bad. Undress the same character and most males never get all the way down to her feet to see if they are on the ground. If you never clothe a character and use canned poses you don't have to figure out how to conform or use the dials. I have yet to buy a character and most of my stuff is free. It's easy to find free nudes or textures for purchased clothes. Its harder to find loose clothes meshes that are free. I am new and have been killing myself over the monthly challenge. It will have over 25 poser characters when finished and not a nude in the bunch. I can't churn out half a dozen pictures per night because I won't post crap, but I will post more works in poser. The way to change the gallery is to post good work. I have decent traning in 2D art and composition. I know a waterhouse from a warhol. Hopefully, if enough people post serious work it will make the others think. Another point is, my pro pack will arrive within the week. At that point I will produce a steady trickle of free clothing and characters on my soon to be new website. I will also sell on renderosity and when these items generate no sales they will become free. Hewey from silent running will be my first character. Followed by the robot from metropolis, an Elric type dragon lord, Dave Bowman from 2001, etc. Most of these characters are already done in Rhino and need to be exported as objects and boned using pro pack. I will provide the tools for people to produce other than nudes if they choose. Just hang on.