Forum: Bryce

Subject: Thinking of leaving Renderosity.

Vile opened this issue on Jul 26, 2002 ยท 54 posts

Enforcer posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 4:47 PM

I usually don't way in on discussions like this, but here goes... Renderosity is a fantastic sight mostly because of the freedom of expression allowed. Yes, if nudity is present in the image, it should be labelled as such and the thumbs should not have nudity. But, I would rather be forced to take the bad with the good, then lose the good in an effort to keep out the bad. I do not endorse the two minute nude, but where does one draw the line. Composition time? Hand placement? Camera angle? Should we ban all nudity and place a fig leaf over every genital currently displayed in the renderosity gallery? The naked human form, either male or female, has been for millenia considered the epitomy of beauty. It is only a recent occurance in the grand scheme of things, that we have made to feel ashamed of our bodies. The true test of Poser software is the naked form. Those who are offended by the appearance of nudity in the gallery are offended only because the programmers and modellers got it so right. Your offense should be the highest compliment. Then again, just remember that everything you are looking at is a combination of ones and zeros. Why should you be offended by "00001101100011101000010111110101010010..." ?