Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: a new dress

blau opened this issue on Mar 03, 2000 ยท 10 posts

duesentrieb posted Sat, 04 March 2000 at 1:42 PM

That dress didn't let me come to a rest, so I had to try it out. As usual, it was more work than expected. PinkDress.jpg The standard UV mapping mode of the catsuit does not allow to define a clean transparency at the sides and beside the breasts. The same counts for all other standard Poser clothing. I tried, and so my first hour was gone. Here's the way around this: 1. Take Steve Cox's UV Mapper (in Free Stuff) and load blcatsuit.obj from the GeometriesPoser4ClothesSuits directory. 2. Use the command Edit/New UV Map/Cylindrical to generate a new cylindrical map. I used 1024 as size, checked the "Scale result". 3. Save the Template with File/Save Texture Map. 4. Save the new object under another name, e.g. blcatsuit_cyl.obj, with File/Save Model. This is important to change the UV settings in the obj! Otherwise the map will not work. 5. Load the Catsuit.cr2 file from the RuntimeLibrariescharacterClothing-Female directory in a text editor. 6. Change all the appearances of the filename "blcatsuit.obj" to the new name "blcatsuit_cyl.obj". 7. Save the file under a different name, e.g. CatsuitCyl.cr2. The next time you start Poser, you have a new Catsuit in the library (no thumbnail, but what the heck!) which you can use with the new template. Why a cylindrical map? With this projection type, the object's mesh is projected onto a virtual cylinder wrapped around it. This makes the arms unusable, but we don't need them here. Anyway, this projection allows a better painting all around the body's y-axis. I put my transparency map at http://verzeichnisse.freepage.de/welcometoac/images/bcscyl_t.tif You can easily taylor the dress by changing the shapes. It isn't perfect, as you can see at the arrow in the picture. There's still one edge that refuses to be mapped, but that can easily be done in postprocessing. Now let's come to the point of combining the clothes: 1. In Poser, create the new CatsuitCyl. 2. In the hierarchy editor, make every part of the catsuit invisible, except for body, abdomen, chest, neck, left collar and right collar. 3. In the render materials, set highlight, ambient and reflection for the CatsuitCyl to black. 4. Set both transparency min and max to 100%. 5. Load the transparency file as a transparency map. 6. Create a Miniskirt. Make it the same color as the CatsuitCyl. Load no maps and leave transparency at 0%. 7. Your done! I hope that helped you a lot nearer to your dress.