Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Multi-Processing, RAM usage in Poser5

operaguy opened this issue on Jul 28, 2002 ยท 39 posts

operaguy posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 10:57 AM

::::: irony ::::: Being a lifelong Mac person, it did not occur to me that I could render Poser in the background and do other tasks as well. Currently, if rendering, Poser completely takes over my Mac under OS 9. I can't even get to the Finder unless I cancel the render. I wonder what the reality of multitasking will be when Poser5 comes out for MacOS X? Time to think multitasking. Stewer, do you know if Win2000 and XP are equally good at the multitasking issues? Can you comment on life while rendering and doing something else on your dual Celeron system? Can you surf the web? Work in Photoshop? Can you run two instances of Poser? Does doing "other" work while rendering slow down the rendering time? Naturally, this tempts me to go dual Athlon. I have been told that I can get the dual motherboard and work with only one processor for a time, plugging in a second when budget allows me to do it. (that would be pretty drastic, I admit.) I might have to do this with RAM, as well. I am really on a tight budget. I calculate that going dual Athlon would raise the budget by $300 (extra CPU plus more expensive motherboard.) ::::: Opera :::::