Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Multi-Processing, RAM usage in Poser5

operaguy opened this issue on Jul 28, 2002 ยท 39 posts

operaguy posted Tue, 30 July 2002 at 10:28 AM

DarkPhoenix, I am following your every word.. I won't fall back to the 1800 level just to get dual. About getting the best possible, AMD seems to be coming up to the mark with a new generation, which will have that 512 thing that the Pentiums use in edging out the Aths in tests. Code name "Barton." But this is not for another 4-8 months, apparently. My philosophy about that next gen is, this 2200 Athlon, and following your advice about RAM, as I keep hearing from many, will get me a first class Poser platform. Now, if and when I continue to follow this 3D path, and integrate digital recording and composing, I will need another machine eventually. In otherwords, I need to prove to myself i can be successful in this field, and this proposed rig will not hinder me in finding out. Then I can talk about "more." My hacker friend confirms your information that both processors have to be the same. I'm quite sure I will be purchasing a dual processing motherboard. If I have to wait to get the second processor, as you pointed out, there is sure to be a price drop by Christmas, escpecially if Barton hits by that time. Thanks again for your several valuable posts. ::::: Opera :::::