Forum: Community Center

Subject: When was Renderosity born?

Jackson opened this issue on Jul 31, 2002 ยท 66 posts

Jack D. Kammerer posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 9:03 AM

Wow... what an interesting thread!! Talk about memories!!! One thing I really need to say here... Because of the past and our ability to remember it, to talk about it and share it we learn so much from it. We learn from mistakes we may've made and we grow because of them. We would not be able to plot our futures without having a past, a starting point in which to move from. This doesn't mean that one must always look back to see where they came from, for doing so will take you off course as you cross the sea of life. Looking back is only good if you want to see how far you've traveled since you started your trip and maybe reward yourself with a smile at the memory of the people that you met along the way. The one thing that Dragonwalk (thanks for the kind words Peter) missed was the fact that although Ed and I planted the seeds to help add to the growth of this site, we were no way able to do it without allot of help!! This site would not be where it is today without PoserOneList and the cough mysterious "poserdude". Nor without Grey and Willow who took it another step. Granted Ed and I did a bit ourselves, but let's not forget that we ALL had allot of help along the way, such as (and in no particular order): Tim Choate - Who hosted this site at his personal and company's expense. Roy Riggs - Who help coded this site day and night whenever something needed fixing or added. Steve Cooper - Who had to put up with me when he was @ MetaCreations and puts up with me even today! Dan, Chad and Chris - The guys who listened to my thoughts and still do! Ed Arseneault - My partner in crime and best friend who was able to find his love and future wife here on Renderosity! Colm, Traveler, Lobo, LordsWarrior, Tartan - The guys who originally got together with Ed and I and put up with all of my ridiculous ideas. DTHUREGRIF - Who, even to this day, helps keep me sane!! Legume - The SubGenius who had NO problem working in the sub levels of the whole damn trip!! JeffH, Kevin, Ken - The guys who weathered the storm and stuck around. RadArt, Pam, Stormrage, Ironbear, Lilwolf, Anton, Virus, Mehndi, Davo, Dendras, Mark and a whole slew of others - who came on board and worked their tails off!! Not all of the times were great. We've had our ups and our downs. Dreams torn and hopes shattered. Wins and losses. Friendships made and lost. I'd have never been able to get into the boat if not for these individuals and the rest of the Poser Community. How or why they are still in the boat with me or are no longer in the boat with me is not really important. What IS important to me is the time I got to (or continue to) share with these people. Yes, I look back now and then and think of the time that we've shared. Sometimes even doubted the reason for staying in this damn boat myself (chuckles blame Diane!!). But I would've never made it as far as I have if not for these individuals. Yes, this if not for these individuals this site wouldn't be where it is today. If not for them this site might not have a history for people to still be interested in. But that ISN'T what is important to me. What is important to me is I would not be half of the man that I am today if these individuals hadn't been in my life. Been there to believe in me, listen to me, offer me advice or friendship... or even forgiveness. No one person made this site what it is today, or what it will be tomorrow. It really doesn't matter how it got to where it is at. All that is important is the fact it would've never made it as far as it has if not for the friendship and love that went into and those involved it, and continues to do so, to make this site what it is today. That IS what is important. Jack