Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: bandwidth thief discovered

c1rcle opened this issue on Aug 09, 2002 ยท 85 posts

pendarian posted Fri, 09 August 2002 at 3:59 PM

I think he should be brought down or at least those pages in question should be until he changes the links to just the sites and not directly to the model to be downloaded. Once that is changed then everything should be okay from that point forward. Graybeard, I'm not trying to be inflammatory here either, and whether there is a law against this or not is not the point. The point is that pretty much anyone that has been around the community for any period of time knows that you do not link directly to a file on a different site for downloading. This is also NOT a "community" rule. It's an internet rule period. It involves not only 3d, but also any site that has any graphics for download for free etc. You will see it pasted all over their sites "do not link directly to these images, it's bandwidth theft if you do" there are plenty of warnings everywhere about this, not just the 3d community, so he can plead ignorant if he wants, but I see that the stuff is still there. He needs to take it down. So if you all want to debate the "is this legal or not" that's fine, in the meantime people are going to get their sites closed because of bandwidth overage, or get hit with bills that they cannot pay, because of what he is doing. It's WRONG...who gives a rat's behind if it's legal...it's still WRONG. So something needs to be done about it. Pendy