Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: bandwidth thief discovered

c1rcle opened this issue on Aug 09, 2002 ยท 85 posts

Graybeard posted Fri, 09 August 2002 at 5:37 PM

OK - let's see if we can't close this discussion. What brought me to the inkwell in the first place was a wish to bring a few more aspects into the debate. I think I may have succeded in doing this - allthough I am not quite sure... You can not have read me to say that I do not respect anyone, who makes resources available on the net. On the contrary I have a high regard for that, be it in the world of 3d, in journalism or wherever else it may be the case. I am a proponent of openness and decency. This decency applies in all areas of the world - online or off. I believe that our mutual respect for one another is the ultimate rule for the net. This also applies to how we deal with those, who transgress the written and unwritten rules. They too should be treated with decency. Matters should be dealt with promptly, but with a chance to correct the mistake made. In that light, cooler, let me say that I appreciate that you and other people have written to the guy in question. Should he not withdraw his links to pages and models when requested, he is acting unacceptably and I believe one should tell him that and eventually inform his ISP. The internet is not an "anything goes" place. Some rules are legal - some social. But the internet should remain a very liberal place - otherwise it looses its best qualities.