Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: bandwidth thief discovered

c1rcle opened this issue on Aug 09, 2002 ยท 85 posts

Kendra posted Fri, 09 August 2002 at 7:28 PM

"If it bothers you that your model is floating around the net you shouldn't have put it there to begin with."

Chad, don't complain when your car is stolen off the street because "you shouldn't have put it there to begin with".

"The internet is about "free exchange of information" ... and information includes 3d models. Don't publish something as a "free" item if it's not free!"

I've argued that people have enough common sense to understand that free doesn't mean "do with as they please", hopefully your very wrong statement is not a wide spread idea because offering something free of charge does not mean putting it into public domain.

I highly suggest you look the legallities of these things up before spouting opinion as fact.

Bandwidth cost money and no one has the right to steal it. I've dealt with bandwidth thieves by changing the graphics they were linking to and destroying the look of their site. One guy didn't know and got a laugh out of the whole thing. He learned something.
Files, even freely offered files, are not public domain. I wouldn't allow any of my files to be downloaded from any site that didn't have my permission.

...... Kendra